La Paz Cable Car Tour
From US$ 40 per tour
La Paz Cable Car Tour allows you explore the sprawling city of La Paz, Bolivia on a guided tour that includes key areas from El Alto to the stylish South Zone.
La Paz Cable Car: lines, prices, tickets and schedules
We know, you have traveled an infinite number of times and when you return home you realize that you have failed to discover much of your destiny. That’s why it’s important to plan your trip and ask many questions to many peolpe. This time you travel to Bolivia, a magical destination with many charming places that you want to know.
La Paz Cable Car lines
For paceños all the cable car lines are very useful, as you can imagine. They are not few, and there are tastes for all colors, never better said. There is red, yellow, green, blue, orange and purple. The rainbow has ended, but the lines of La Paz Cable Car continue light blue, white, coffee and silver. Now it is.
For you who are going to travel and may not have time to know all the routes, we have thought of three lines: red, blue, and yellow. Does this mean that the rest of the lines of La Paz Cable Car are left out? No, it means that first, we introduce you to the red, blue, and yellow lines:
Red cable car
In our view, the red line of La Paz Cable Car is the most spectacular. It passes over the enormous General Cemetery of La Paz, crosses the colorful neighborhood of Chualluma and climbs up to El Alto to cross it. If it’s Thursday or Sunday, you’ll enjoy the views of El Alto’s giant market.
You will also be interested to know that the red cable car brings you closer to the Witches Market where different legends make your hair stand on end. Even closer you get with the purple and light blue lines.
Yellow cable car
The yellow line of La Paz Cable Car is very interesting and smells good. This line allows you to know Sopocachi neighborhood, where the best restaurants to eat in La Paz are located. On the way, you can also enjoy a good view of the mountains.
Sounds good? Tastes better!
Blue cable car
To be honest, the blue line is not the most popular, you won’t even have access with the complete ticket and you will have to buy a separate one (don’t panic because it costs is 3 bolivianos). Then why do we propose it? It crosses El Alto and in its way you will enjoy its most typical and picturesque buildings, the Cholets.
Although it’s true that the Villa Adela Cholets are the most beautiful and photographed, the blue line of La Paz Cable Car is a cheap and effective option to get to know these famous buildings
Once you’ve seen the main lines of La Paz Cable Car, it’s time for us to introduce you to the others:
- Green line. It goes all over Alto Obrajes, the south of the city. With this line you can see the Esperanza Bridge, the hopegreen color bridge.
- Orange line. It shares stations with the red and white line. Don’t miss the visit to the Calama market.
- White line. It is an intense line that takes you to visit the Villaroel and Triangular Square and the Busch Monument. A complete visit!
- Light blue line. Besides visiting The Witches Market in La Paz, as we have already said, you can walk along Poeta Avenue, it is a good plan!
- Purple line. The purple line connects La Paz and El Alto perpendicularly. As if that wasn’t enough, it brings you closer to La Paz Witches Market, it’s worth it!
- Coffee line. It is short and as it connects to the white line it also brings you closer to the Busch Monument.
- Silver line. This line borders El Alto, it follows the blue line.
La Paz Cable Car schedule
- Monday to Friday from 06:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 07:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
Prices and tickets
- The single ticket costs 3 bolivianos (40 euro cents). With this ticket you can travel on a full line but you cannot travel on the others.
- The ticket for two or more lines costs 5 bolivianos (60 euro cents). This ticket is useful if your intention is to link a line two or more lines.
- The circular tour ticket costs 11 bolivianos (1 euro and 35 cents). This is undoubtedly the best option because it allows you to use 6 of all its lines (orange, red, silver, yellow, light blue and white). We don’t need to tell you that the trip ends at the same point where it starts, so it’s circular.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If you have questions and doubts about La Paz Cable Car Tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options to do.
Just email us at:
Or WhatsApp us:
+51 965154772 (Fredy, the guy responsible of answering your emails and inquiries at headquarter)
How to book
- You can get it fully booked by paying an Initial Amount via PayPal and the Total Balance must be paid in USD or PEN cash at the end of tour, then this is how you’ll get your Tour Confirmation from us.
- After we receive your “Booking Request”, we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link and the exact first amount to be paid.
- Additional information and requirements will be detailed on the email (or via WhatsApp).
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you later.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.