Now let's see, this upgraded Tour of the Classical Excursion on Lake Titicaca, in detail:
$ 35.00 USD per person, it's a shared Fast Boat. Our prices are competitive.
HOTEL PICK-UP TIME: 7:00 am
BOAT NAVIGATION TO UROS: 20 min
BOAT NAVIGATION TO TAQUILE: 1h15min
WALKING DISTANCE: 5 km
LUNCH PLACE: At local restaurant in Taquile (12:00 pm)
ARRIVAL TO PUNO: 3:15 pm
Departure and Arrival Times
- 7:00 am pick up from hotel by your guide.
- 7:30 am departure from Puno port to Taquile Southern side.
- 8:00 am arrival to one of the Uros Islands.
- 9:45 am boat navigation from Uros to Taquile.
- 11: 00 am arrival to Taquile and start walking up.
- 12:00 am it's the lunch time and time to learn about their textiles.
- 2:00 pm aboard the boat and then head back to Puno.
- 3:15 pm arrival to Puno and transfer to your hotel.
Uros Tour (First stop and guided visit)
Step on the first reed island and meet with the Aymara speaking Uros people on the middle surface to be explained by the main guide (in English and Spanish) about their origins, history, custom, the way of life and more interesting how the islands were really built.
This reed is commonly named by locals as “Totora” and used for making their home and reed rafts “Balsas”.
So instead of awaiting for the switching of languages your personal guide explains all in English. This will allow us follow and gain better understanding.
Free time for pictures with locals, walking around, visit inside reed houses and then get to next Uros reed islands by traditional reed boat (optional which you can join them later).
We then head to Taquile Puno port and got transferred to your hotel at 5:00 pm approximately.
We leave early in the morning straight to Taquile Island passing through on blue waters of the lake surrounded by Capachica and Chucuito peninsulas.
Taquile has a small main square which is about 1 hour 30 minutes to walk up there from the Southern side, finding there the textile museum, community houses, a good viewpoint to see the snowed mountains in the Bolivian side of the lake or Amantani Island.
At this point locals are always wearing traditional clothes and weaving their own sweaters.
It’s recognized by the UNESCO as the world’s heritage.
Islanders are community families.
After a break at their Plaza you go back down through the five hundred and twenty steps or through a paved path and board the boat to take you to Luquina for lunch.
We’ll be arriving there after 30 minutes.
What should I bring on this tour?
- Sun protection
- Long sleeve T-shirt
- Some extra snacks
What we provide (what’s included)
- Private transfer from your Puno hotel to kayak dock.
- Kayak equipment/gear.
- Entrance fees to Ticonata, Amantani and Uros islands.
- English-Spanish speaking kayak guide.
- Snacks (1 chocolate bar, 1 apple, cookies and 1 bottle of water) per day.
- Budget Accommodations: at family lodge on Ticonata and Amantani islands.
- All meals included at family homestay while we’re on the tour.
- Drop off by hotel on return.
How to book “Taquile Island Tour?
You can book it and then get the Confirmation by:
Paying an Initial Amount via PayPal (link will be sent to you later) and the Total Balance must be paid on your arrival at your hotel in Puno or while running the Tour in cash or using your Visa debit or credit card.
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you.
Now please, send us your Tour Request to:
Request Further Information
If you have special rquest just tell us via
WhatsApp: +51 923206333