Although it’s not like Machu Picchu, because only 12% of its total building stands above ground and most stone carvings have been found beneath earth, but history buffs will love diving into the myths, enigmas and mysteries of this lost civilization.
The Pros of booking a private Tiwanaku Tour from Puno
- With our guided Tours to Puma Punku to Tiwanaku site starting from Puno city you will know ancient pre-Inca cultures based on conventional or nonconventional western archaeology knowledge.
- You won’t need to worry about transportation in Peru and in Bolivia, how to get there, or even about lunch. It’s an all-inclusive tour.
- As a small pivate Tour (5 people maximun) you will have the best tour guides and more flexible time of visit at each place, in the Peruvian and Bolivian sides, this will guarantee better customized services.
- All type of transport used are safe, comfortable and clean. We mainly use a Huyndai H1 van in Peru and an auto in the Bolivian side, if participants are 1 up to 3. Vehicles with enough space and clean.
- We don't hide you any other expenses out of our detailed itineraries (inclusions). You could only exchange money, at the Desaguadero border, for black ceramic souvenirs and alcoholic drinks as Paceña beer in Bolivia.
The Cons of going to Bolivia via Desaguadero
- The number one disadvantage is TOURIST VISA required for some countries from all around the world to enter to Bolivia.
- Local market trade on Tuesdays and Fridays at Desaguadero borderline. Both Peruvian and Bolivian migration offices are crowded, vehicle usually parks in front of Peruvian migration but during local trade it is going to park some blocks away.
- We'll have to walk (or take local taxi: taxi Cholo-triciclo or Bajaj tricycle) also other a few blocks on the Bolivian side to get the private mobility.
- Get Tourist visa at Bolivian migration office is also possible butit is a really bad idea due to corrupt police officers who will overprice the real cost of he VISA. Get it at home or at Bolivian Consulate office in Puno.
Looking for a Direct [without guided stops] private transfer from Puno to La Paz?
We offer direct private transport as well, this option will give you unique opportunities for photo stops, and you'll get to La Paz in 6 hours approximately including time at the border.
You can also book private transportation from La Paz to Puno via Desaguadero or Kasani/Copacabana.
But if you have tricky questions and doubts about La Paz Transport from Puno, email us at:
We'll be happy to answer you, we'll provide further information.
So without further ado, let’s see the two tour options we have in detail for you: