US$ 170 or S/. 569 per 1 person (private)
US$ 135 or S/.452 per person (min 2 people)
2 Day Uros Homestay + Taquile Fast Boat Tour
(Out of the tourist trap + lunch in Taquile Island)
We're kayaking from Southern Puno to Uros Islands, and then have lunch on Aruma Uro Island or other similar Island, where we’ll also do local activities and spend the night with a beautiful sunset over the lake.
Next day adventure continues on to Taquile Island navigating by a fast boat, on arrival learn about its art textile and have lunch at local tourist restaurant.
Then after we’ll depart toward Puno by motor boat or have a final paddle from Uros to Puno shore on the way back.
2 Day Uros Homestay + Kayak Features
- Activity level: Moderate
- Paddling Distance: 18 km +
- Tour Route: South Puno/Uros Lodge//Taquile/Uros/Puno
- Kayak Frequency: Daily
DAY 1: Kayak from Southern Puno to Uros and from Uros to Puno
- Hotel pickup time: 8:50 am
- Paddling Time from South Puno to Uros: 3 hours with stop
- Paddling distance to Uros: 14 km
- Lunch place: At local family house, Uros Island (1:15 pm)
- Overnight: At local family house, at Uros Lodges.
DAY 2: Speed Boat ride from Uros to Taquile Island
- Boat departure: 9:15 am from Uros to Taquile
- Boat arrival to Uros: 2:50 pm
- Final paddle from Uros to Puno: 4 km
- Arrival Time to Puno: 4:45 pm
Where you’ll begin kayaking
Kayak through the blue and clear water in the Southern Uros reed carpeted Lake Titicaca National Reserve.
Guest reviews (on TripAdvisor)
Before you go read what our client has commented about Uros Homestay Tour:
DAY 1: Kayak from Southern Puno to Uros Islands and Overnight
- 8:50 am pick-up from hotel
- 9:15 am departure to Uros by kayak.
- 10:30 am arrival to Uros Lodge Lago Titicaca.
- 11:45 am departure to Uros Aruma Lodge by kayaks.
- 1:00 pm arrival to lodge by kayak.
- 1:15 pm lunch time.
- 2:30 pm local activities with the Uros Islanders.
- 6:00 pm dinner.
DAY 2: Speed boat ride from Uros to Taquile and final paddle
- 7:30 am breakfast.
- 9:00 am transfer by small engine boat.
- 9:10 am onboard the fast boat.
- 9:15 am departure toward Taquile.
- 12:00 pm lunch.
- 2:00 pm leave Taquile by boat to Puno
- 3:15 pm arrival to Uros and small boat transfer.
- 3:30 pm arrival to Puno by motor boat.
- 4:50 pm arrival to Puno, if we paddle again from Uros.
Tour Description (what you’ll do)
DAY 1: Kayak from Southern Puno to Uros Islands and Overnight
Our drivers Roberto/Isidro picks you up from your hotel in Puno then drive you to Chimu community launch point. So you don't have to worry about how to get to kayak departure point.
Here, after 15 min drive and a safety briefing from your kayak guide we receive the appropriate safety equipment and embark on our 0ne hour kayaking adventure to Uros reed islands passing through scenic landscape and further we’ll see the Chucuito and Capachica peninsulas.
We’re paddling through beautiful place, out of the tourist trail. At this place we’ll step on Uros Lodge Lago Titicaca the only one around here. Spend almost one hour to enjoy the surroundings.
Later we’ll leave to where there are more than 90 floating islands through a water channel.
After the exploration we’re heading to Aruma Uro lodge for lunch, local activities and the homestay (if available or we’ll book another similar as Khantani Lodge, Qhantany Lodge, Uros Summa Paqarina Lodge, Aruntawi lodge, etc)
Lunch is based on grilled trout or chicken accompanied with vegetables and hot drinks.
In the late afternoon a Uros man is taking us to teach us how they cut the reeds for the building of their islands and maintenance. Just after the sun sets you’ll have dinner. Overnight.
Day 2: Speed boat ride to Taquile + Puno paddle
This day the family will provide the breakfast. Our host family is then taking us to where the fast boat is waiting for us.
There will be another group guide who delivers the explanation about what to do during the day and some clue facts about Taquile Island.
The speed boat reaches to Taquile from Uros in 1h20min. On Taquile you’ll learn about textile tradition and have an overlooking lunch.
Then on the way back to Puno we’ll be waiting for you in Uros reed island with the kayaks and paddle again but this time we’ll take a different route. This means this kayak tour covers the most scenic sceneries in Lake Titicaca, we’ll see local islanders’ way to Puno.
At the end of the day we’ll back by kayak to Esteves Island and you’ll get transferred to your hotel by our driver.
What to bring
- Sun protection
- Long sleeve T-shirt
- Warm Jacket
- Extra snacks
What’s included (what we provide)
- Private transfer from your Puno hotel to kayak dock.
- Kayak equipment/gear.
- Entrance fees to Uros, and Taquile islands.
- English-Spanish speaking kayak guide.
- Accommodations at family Uros lodge.
- All meals included at Uros family homestay while we’re on the tour.
- Speed engine boat to Taquile
- Entrance fees to Taquile.
- Lunch on Taquile Island.
- Final paddle from Uros to Puno city.
- Private transfer and drop off by hotel on return.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If have questions and doubts about this kayak tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options.
Just email us at: email@example.com
Or WhatsApp us to: +51 923206333
What else you should know
Remember that it is a physical activity so be prepared to paddle 24 km through the most beautiful spots of the Open Lake Titicaca and National Reserve (Puno sector), as well as wearing comfortable clothes that you can wet.
How to book
You can get fully booked it and then get the Confirmation by:
Paying an Initial Amount via PayPal (link will be sent to you later) or make a bank transferand the Total Balance must be paid on your arrival at your hotel in Puno or while running the Tour in cash or using your Visa debit or credit card.
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link or bank transfer number.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.
Similar Multi Day Kayak Trip Titicaca
2 Day Paramis Homestay + Titicaca Kayak Experience
Paddle from Puno to Uros then go by boat to Llachon, kayak again to Paramis community. Live one-of-a-kind homestay in the Highest Lake in the world.