Isla del Sol Ferry
If You Go to Isla del Sol Bolivia: Travel Tips
How to Get to Isla del Sol Bolivia
copacabana to isla del sol ferry
isla del sol day trip
how to get to isla del sol
isla del sol north open
isla del sol conflict 2022
isla del sol tour
view from bolivia's isla del sol
lake titicaca trip
The only way to get to this island is by boat. The most common and easiest way to get to Isla del Sol is by ferry between Copacabana and Isla del Sol, twice each day.
Hence, you must first make your way to Copacabana on mainland Bolivia. For Northbound travelers, there are fairly frequent buses from La Paz to Copacabana.
Southbound travelers can get to Copacabana by bus from Puno, Peru.
Ferry from Copacabana to Isla del Sol
It’s only a 16-kilometer (10-mile ferry trip) from Copacabana to Isla del Sol. But these ferries are very slow. So travel time on this Copacabana-to-Isla del Sol ferry takes about two hours.
The final half-hour of the ferry to Isla del Sol is the most scenic. At this point, the ferry nears the island and maneuvers through some rock formations. Pro tip: Snag a seat on the port (left-hand) side of the boat for the best views as you get close to Isla del Sol.
Ferry schedule: Copacabana to Isla del Sol ferry times are 8:30 am and 1:30 pm.
Arrive to the docks about a half-hour before the scheduled departure.
- Ferry price: The Isla del Sol ferry ride costs 20 Bolivianos (~$3), each way.
- Buying ferry tickets: To ensure securing a seat, do buy a ferry ticket in advance from one of the many travel agencies in Copacabana. You may be fine simply turning up to the boat docks and buying a ticket there too. It’s the same price, either way. So we recommend securing a ticket in advance just in case. It seems you can only purchase a one-way ferry ticket to Isla del Sol. So buy your return ticket from Isla del Sol to Copacabana once you arrive on the island.
Alternative route from Yampupata to Isla del Sol
Ultimately this route will likely cost more, take longer, and involves a transfer at Yampupata. Hence we recommend to simply take the ferry from Copacabana to Isla del Sol, as described above.
But do know there is another route. You can hire a taxi or take a bus from Copacabana to Yampupata. The village of Yampupata is a closer point to Isla del Sol. From Yampupata, you can hire a rowboat or motorboat to take you across to Isla del Sol.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If you have questions and doubts about this private Cusco City Tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options to do.
Just email us at:
Or WhatsApp us to:
+51 965154772 (Fredy, the guy responsible of answering your emails and inquiries at headquarter)
How to book
- You can get it fully booked by paying an Initial Amount via PayPal and the Total Balance must be paid in USD or PEN cash at the end of tour, then this is how you’ll get your Tour Confirmation from us.
- After we receive your “Booking Request”, we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link and the exact first amount to be paid.
- Additional information and requirements will be detailed on the email (or via WhatsApp).
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you later.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.