Alternative Route to Isla del Sol
US$ 85 per transfer (1 up to 3 people)
Alternative Route to Isla del Sol is the fastest and stress free way to get from Copacabana Bolivia to Sun Island, driving through the peninsula and then cross to the Island by boat.
Copacabana to Isla del Sol through the Fastest Route
If you are looking for a comfortable, flexible and overall fast transfer from Copacabana to Sun Island (or from Sun Island to Copacabana), most likely for a local homestay, then Alternative Route to Isla del Sol is what you need.
What makes it different? Due most motor boats are slow this route will allow you get in short time by driving through the peninsula of Copacabana then embarking on a boat and arrive in less time.
Alternative Route to Isla del Sol Itinerary
Your friendly and reliable driver (Denis or Carlos) will collect you from your hotel in Copacabana or at the bus station upon your arrival from La Paz (Bolivia) or Puno (Peru) then after head to the tip of the peninsula.
You’ll drive for about 30 minutes through an amazing landscape in contrast with the Lake and passing through traditional communities on the lakeshore.
Upon arrival you’ll be introduced to your boatman (Amadeus, Jose or Boris), and then a private motorized boat will take you across the Lake to Sun Island in less than 30 minutes.
When choosing this way to get to Isla del Sol from Copacabana your transfer will be enjoyable and smooth.
Isla del Sol Ferry
Are you only interested in just booking a boat ride from Copacabana to Isla del Sol without a tour guide? Then Isla del Sol Ferry is for you. Learn in this post all about the schedule of departures, navigation time, advantages and disadvantages of purchasing Isla del Sol Ferry ticket.
- Private car from Copacabana to Sicuani pier (one way only)
- Motor boat from Sicuani to Isla del Sol (one way only)
- Entry tickets to Isla del Sol (10 BOB per person)
What to bring to Isla del Sol
- It could get chilly on the boat (roof) so it is recommended to bring a wind jacket or jumper if necessary against wind/spray.
- If you are planning to stay on the island, then warm layers are required at night.
- Confortable shoes for those planning on doing the hike (45-60mins walk).
- It can be very sunny so do not forget your sunglasses, a hat and sunscreen.
- Camera or cell phone’s battery fully charged to take pictures – always ask permission before taking photos of the island people.
- Bring enough money (BOB pesos Bolivianos) with you if you wish to stay overnight as there are NO ATMs on the whole island.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If you have questions and doubts about Isla del Sol Tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options.
For example: you would extend your experience by staying the night on Isla del Sol at local lodge and gain unique local living experience of the way of the life of the Aymara speaking community in Lake Titicaca Bolivia.
Just email us at:
Or Text us via WhatsApp:
+51 965154772 (Fredy, the guy responsible of answering your emails and inquiries at headquarter)
How to book
- Pay a first amount of 10 to 15% through PayPal.
- The Total Balance will be paid in USD or BOB currency cash on pick-up.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.