Colca Canyon Day Trip from Arequipa
Group Tour: US$ 25 per person
Full Day Tour: Colca Canyon Day Trip from Arequipa
Colca Canyon Full Day Tour Brief Summary:
- Tour starts at 3am from Arequipa and finishes at 5pm back in Arequipa.
- Full Day Tour is EASY – no trekking involved, just some walking. Compare all Colca Canyon Tours & Treks and discover which tour or trek is the perfect option for you.
- It is the ONLY way to see the Colca Canyon in 1 day.
- Colca Canyon is about 3.5 hours from Arequipa so plenty of bus travel in 1 day.
- Tours start early so you can catch the Condor Flights.
- Most companies pick you up and drop you off at your hotel or hostel.
Colca Canyon Full Day Tour Guide Contents:
- Tour Itinerary and Prices – Check start time, prices, and more.
- How to get to Colca Canyon – Compare transportation options.
- What to bring? – Be prepared for your tour.
- FAQs– We answer your frequently asked questions.
- Did you know?– Colca Canyon fun facts.
- Photo Gallery – A few of the bct photos of the Colca Canyon.
Peru Hop does not operate any tours of the Colca Canyon. To see Peru Hop’s recommended operators for this tour read below.
Colca Canyon Full Day Tour
- Hotel/Hostel Pick-up: Between 03:00am & 03:30am
- Return Time: 17:30pm
Detailed Itinerary Full Day Tour:
03:00 – 03:30am
We will pick you up from your hostel and depart on our private bus to the Colca Canyon. After 4 hours of a bus journey, we will go directly to the Condor’s Cross, only stopping in Chivay to have breakfast.
We will arrive to the Condor’s Cross where we will appreciate the impressive views of one of the deepest canyons in the world and see the majestic Andean Condor bird that may be spotted flying just over your head (fingers crossed!). Get up close and get amazing photos of these birds whose presence create a truly unique experience at the Canyon.
On the way back to Chivay, we will stop in the villages of Pinchollo, Maca and Yanque, all small local villages which have colonial churches, tombs and Pre-Inca terraces, and we will really get to see the impact of living in the second deepest Canyon in the world.
We will arrive to Chivay to visit the hot springs if you wish and then we will stop to have lunch at a local restaurant.
On the way back to Arequipa, we will stop at Patapampa, an incredible viewpoint where you will see the Ampato, Sabancaya and Hualca Hualca volcanoes side by side. This is also the highest point that we will reach at 4800 meters above sea level in Pampa Cañahuas.
We will arrive back to Arequipa and drop you off at your hotel or hostel door.
- Round trip tourist transportation – private bus so your seat is always reserved
- English speaking guide – local expert who knows everything about the Canyon
- Entrance ticket to Canyon: S/.70 soles – not included on any tour due to it being illegal to include it
- Entrance to the Hot Springs: about S/.15 soles – OPTIONAL
Arequipa to Cabanaconde drive, trek to Sangalle (overnight). Day 2 return hiking up, hot spring in Chivay and return to Arequipa.
How to get to Colca Canyon
The Colca Canyon is located about 4-hours outside of the city of Arequipa. The best way to get there is to take a tour or trek which includes transportation to and from Arequipa. If you are looking for information on the best buses to take to Arequipa, visit our passes page. Select your departure city, the countries you want to visit, and amount of time you have to travel. Then browse our passes to see which include your desired stop in Arequipa.
What to bring? Colca Canyon Tour from Arequipa
For the FULL DAY tour, bring a small bag only. Large luggage can be stored at your accommodation in Arequipa.
- Water bottle
- Original passport
- Local money
- Warm jacket
What is the difference between the Colca Canyon TOURS and TREKS?
During the tours you will have limited walking sections as most of the time you stay on a bus and only get outside at several viewing points. The tours are more recommended for travelers who want (or because of physical conditions) have to take it easy. Treks however, are perfect for people with good physical condition.
With treks you will definitely get more and intense views of the beautiful and unique landscape of the Canyon.
I do not want to take all of my stuff with me. Where can I leave my big bag?
Hotels and hostels in Arequipa will normally store your bags in their safety deposit for free whilst you are away at the Canyon, until you check-in again upon your return. Head off for the trip with just what you need and leave the rest in storage.
Especially for the trek as you will need to carry what you take.
I do not feel well and wish to cancel my trip for tomorrow morning.
Peru Hop does not operate the Colca Tours. The tour provider allows changes up to 17:00pm the day before at no cost. Cancellations or missed tours will be charged the full fee.
I woke up late and missed my tour pick up. Can I change it for tomorrow?
Peru Hop does not operate the Colca Tours. The operators will charge us fully for any NO SHOW or missed departure not previously cancelled before 17:00pm the day before. If you would like to book the tour again for the next day then this is possible but you will have to pay a second time.
Will I see Condors on this tour?
There are quite a few Condors out there and as we visit different viewing points the chances are quite good. We still cannot guarantee that you will be able to see them but if you get lucky they will fly just above your head!
Did you know? Colca Canyon Day Trip from Arequipa
- The Colca Canyon is TWICE as deep as the Grand Canyon!
- The area surrounding the Canyon is famed for its traditional and colourful towns which you will pass through along the way.
- In the Canyon you can find over 100 kinds of birds, over 300 types of plants and more than 30 types of cactus.
- The highest point of the Canyon is Ampato at 6388 meters above sea level. These snow-capped peaks form an impressive backdrop to the Canyon.
- The Andean Condor Bird can weigh up to 12 kg with a wingspan of over 3 metres! The CRUZ DE CONDOR viewpoint is famed as the best place in South America to see the Andean Condor in flight.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If you have questions and doubts about Colca Canyon Day Trip from Arequipa, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options to do.
Just email us at:
Or WhatsApp us to:
+51 965154772 (Fredy, the guy responsible of emails and inquiries at headquarter)
How to book
- You can get it fully booked by paying an Initial Amount via PayPal and the Total Balance must be paid in USD or PEN cash at the end of tour, then this is how you’ll get your Tour Confirmation from us.
- After we receive your “Booking Request”, we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link and the exact first amount to be paid.
- Additional information and requirements will be detailed on the email (or via WhatsApp).
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you later.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.