Death Road Biking Tour
From US$ 65 per person (2 up to 4)
La Paz to La Cumbre drive then descend by a mountain bike the chilly highlands and the humidity of the rain forest through precipices, water falls, then after have lunch, relax in the pool and return to La Paz by the late evening.
Here you’ll find a variety of options due to type of service (private or shared) and sort of bike (front suspension or Enduro bike)
1. Group Affordable Tour:
- One front suspension bike: $65.00 USD per person as part of a shared trip.
- Double suspension bike: $ 85.00 USD per person as part of a shared trip.
2. Upgraded group bike descending Tour
- Double suspension bike: $ 135.00 USD per person as part of a shared trip. You’ll ride well-known and trusted bike brands like Khona, Trek or Cannondale
3. Private Tour: $230.00
Cycling retro road bikes in Lake Titicaca Puno, Peru to Llachon (3 hrs), lunch, hiking and overnight. Next day kayak from Llachon to Amantani (or Taquile Island), lunch and navigate to Uros for a last paddle to Puno.
Death Road Mountain Biking Tour has become a major tourist attraction in La Paz, with people wanting to live unique experience descending on the world’s most dangerous Yungas Road.
Biking down the Death Road is an adrenaline rush like no other. Surrounded by mountains, and intimidating precipices, & The World's Most Dangerous Road, goes from La Paz to Coroico valley.
Gradually descend from La Cumbre and experience the chilly highlands and the humidity of the rain-forest, 69 km of an unforgettable adventure!
At Andean Ways we’re implementing our own quality bikes in these recent months focusing on safety matching for our adventures passengers.
Death Road Biking Tour Itinerary
7:00 am We’ll pick you up from the meeting point or your hotel, prepared with our team and with the guides and everything you need for this adventure. Start from the city of La Paz, which is at a height of 3,600 meters (11,810 feet), to the foot of the Andes Mountains or Cordillera Real. Towards the summit which is 4,700 m (15,420 feet) out of the city of La Paz, appreciate the desert flora and fauna of the plateau and the snowy mountains of the Cordillera Real.
9:00 am Proceed to get the specialized equipment for this adventure. The guides make recognition of our teams to make sure everything is secure then very attentively hear the explanations of them as we take a hot snack.
10:00 am Bike adventure starts. The first part is asphalt with a very frigid weather to reach the population Unduavi (narcotics and revision control, motorized transport only).
10:30 am Dirt road begins at a height of 2,700 meters (2,953 feet) above sea level.
In the beginning of the Bolivian jungle, exactly where the paved road ends, begins the most dangerous road in the world. This dirt road with an amazing view will be an adventure nonetheless. Along with the guides you will carefully go down going through rivers, waterfalls, along with the wide variety of flora and fauna.
12:30 am Time for a break of 20 minutes with some refreshments.
1:30 pm We arrive at the bridge, a place with warm weather and the end of our cycling adventure at 1,200 m (3,940 feet). Move the restaurant, where you can shower, have lunch, and enjoy the good weather by the pool.
4:30 pm We return to the city of La Paz on our new road transport. It is a very safe to 2-lane, downstream and upstream, called Cotapata Santa Barbara.
7:00 pm Arrival to La Paz. Copyright Bolivia Hop & Gravity Biking
What we provide (what is included)
- Mountain bike, helmet, jacket, pants and gloves
- An experienced and qualified guide.
- Information and instruction in English language until the end of the ride.
- Support vehicle without additional charge exclusive back from the Yungas with us
- Mechanical qualified bicycle parts and tools
- First aid kit and trained guides in the case of an emergency
- Delicious food once we got to the restaurant/hotel, snacks and water in the race
What you should bring
You will pass through small waterfalls and streams and since there is a lot of mud and dust on the road, you must bring a change of clothes. For at the top, in the morning, don’t forget some warm clothes. The tour starts at a cold area 4700 meters (15,420 feet) above sea level, closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops), raincoat in wet season, sunglasses, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, and bathing clothes.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If you have questions and doubts about Death Road Biking Tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options to do (or re-design the entire itinerary).
Just email us at:
Or WhatsApp us to:
+51 965154772 (Fredy, the guy responsible of answering your emails and inquiries at headquarter)
How to book
- You can get it fully booked by paying an Initial Amount via PayPal and the Total Balance must be paid in USD or PEN cash at the end of tour, then this is how you’ll get your Tour Confirmation from us.
- After we receive your “Booking Request”, we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link and the exact first amount to be paid.
- Additional information and requirements will be detailed on the email (or via WhatsApp).
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you later.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.