Isla del Sol Ferry
US$ 95 boat ride
In this post you’ll learn all about the schedule of departures, arrivals, navigation time, boat returns, advantages and disadvantages of purchasing Isla del Sol Ferry ticket.
Avoid hassle and crowd by booking ahead your ferry ticket to Isla del Sol with us. To ensure securing a seat, pay 25 USD via PayPal in advance and you'll get Pablo or Rosemary delivering your boat ticket to your location (upon your arrival from La Paz, Bolivia or Puno, Peru) or at your hotel. Additionally, you’ll get clue insight on where and how onboard your boat.
Isla del Sol Ferry Schedules of Departures and Arrivals
For Copacabana to Isla del Sol ferry times, we recommend you to arrive to the dock about a half-hour before the scheduled departure.
From Copacabana to Isla del Sol Ferry Times:
Morning Departure: 8:30 pm, Back in Copacabana: 4:30 pm
Afternoon Departure: 1:30 pm, Back in Copacabana: 5:30 pm
From Isla del Sol to Copacabana Times:
At 6:30 am from Yumani
At 10:30 am from Yumani
At 11:00 am from Yumani
At 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm from Yumani
Isla del Sol Ferry Navigation Time
The most common and easiest way to get to Isla del Sol is by ferry between Copacabana and Isla del Sol, twice each day.
It’s only a 16-kilometer (10-mile ferry trip) from Copacabana to Isla del Sol. So travel time on this Copacabana to Isla del Sol or Isla del Sol to Copacabana ferry ride will take about 50 minutes.
Advantages of purchasing Isla del Sol Ferry Ticket
- Buy your ticket in advance online and get fully booked a private ferry upon your arrival from Puno or La Paz.
- If you snag a left-hand seat side of the boat, on the port, you’ll enjoy of the best views as you get close to Isla del Sol. The final half-hour of the ferry ride to Isla del Sol is the most scenic. At this point, the ferry nears the island and maneuvers through some rock formations.
- Paying in advance $25 USD via PayPal you're ensuring the fastest private boat in the area. Amadeus will take you to Isla del Sol (or from Isla del Sol to Copacabana) in a 40 - 50 min boat ride with flexible any time departure.
Disadvantages of purchasing a local Isla del Sol Ferry Ticket
- If you simply turn up to the boat dock to buy a ticket there, it may be oversold.
- In most of the departures boat will be overloaded, you might feel unsafe and they may not depart on time.
- The boat ride does not include entry ticket to Isla del Sol (10 BOB per person).
- They don’t included English speaking tour guide (but you may find a guy offering himself as the guide)
- Boats are very slow.
Alternative route from Copacabana to Isla del Sol
Is there another way on how to get to Isla del Sol from Copacabana? For Copacabana to Isla del Sol you can opt between a full boat transfer and combined land drive, along the peninsula, and then catch a boat for a 20 minute of navigation.
How to get to Copacabana
Hence, you must first make your way to Copacabana on mainland Bolivia. For Northbound travelers, there are fairly frequent buses or private transfer from La Paz to Copacabana. Southbound travelers can get from Puno to Copacabana by bus or private transfer.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If you have questions and doubts about Isla del Sol Ferry, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options to do.
Just email us at:
Or WhatsApp us to:
+51 965154772 (Fredy, the guy responsible of answering your emails and inquiries at headquarter)
How to book
- Pay US$25 in advance through PayPal.
- The remaining balance (US$70) should be paid after onboardin the boat.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.