Isla del Sol to Puno
US$ 245 per transfer (1 up to 4 people)
Isla del Sol to Puno is a private boat transfer from Sun Island to Copacabana, car ride to Kasani and then after you’ll meet up with the Peruvian driver to take you to Puno.
The Isla del Sol is located in the middle of Lake Titicaca (Bolivia side), crossing Lake Titicaca from Bolivia to Peru could be pricey and a 5 hours of navigation (if good weather permitting). The best way to get to Puno from Isla del Sol is via Copacabana.
There are two ways to get from Isla del Sol to Copacabana then to Puno:
1. Using a shared local ferry and bus, you should take the ferry departing at 6:00 am, 10:30 or 11:00 am from Isla del Sol to Copacabana and the bus from Copacabana at 1:00 pm or 6:00 pm (under availability).
2. using our Isla del Sol to Puno hassle-free private transfer.
Now, take a closer look at the advantages of booking a private transfer.
The PRO of Booking “Isla del Sol to Puno”
- Isla del Sol to Puno offers a fully flexible departure time from Sun Island port (Lake Titicaca Bolivia) to Copacabana and faster than any other options. The latest time you could depart is until 4:30 pm. Your extra money will worth it.
- All type of vehicles we provide are safe, clean, comfortable and spacious with enough rooms for your luggage.
- You’ll be transferred with optional stops at the main attractions in Peru, on your way from Kasani border to Puno (if departing Sun Island until 1:00 pm).
- Bolivia to Peru hand held border crossing and assistance at the immigration offices is guaranteed.
- On arrival to Copacabana port, you’ll onboard a private auto to drive to Kasani border.
All you will need to think about is just to enjoy your ride between Bolivia and Peru, the rest leave to us.
If Isla del Sol to Puno is not what you’re looking for then take a look at more related trips:
Isla del Sol to Puno Schedules of Departures and Arrivals Times
Isla del Sol to Copacabana
Your boatman, Amadeus, will be waiting for your Isla del Sol to Copacabana boat ride at the main Yumani or Pilcocaina harbor. The boat navigation across the blue horizon will take about 1 hr 15 minutes in average. Upon arrival, you’ll take the private car to Kasani border delivered by Denis or Carlos.
Copacabana to Kasani
The drive from Copacabana to Kasani will take only 15 minutes. On your right hand side you’ll find the Bolivian immigration office. Take out your passport, show and get the exit stamp.
Kasani: Bolivia Peru border crossing
There is a stone arch which is the literally the boundary between Bolivia and Peru, you will cross on foot but accompanied and helped by your Bolivian driver.
In front of the Peruvian immigration office will be waiting for you, your new driver (Javier or Alex). The Peruvian vehicle is parked next to the "Casa de Cambio" where you could exchange your Bolivian pesos left into Peruvian soles.
We'll use two different vehicles on this Copacabana to Puno Private Transfer.
Just in front is the Peruvian immigration office where you have to get on your passport the entry stamp.
Kasani borderline to Puno
Following that, you’ll be on your way to Puno city or Uros Reed Floating Islands Lodge. Alex or Javier will safely drive you along the way with three sightseeing stops to fresh and make the car ride more enjoyable (but really optional)
The first stop is at Pomata lookout. This is the high pass between Puno and Kasani ideal to admire how huge is the Lake and the magnificent views to the Island of the Sun and snow peaks.
Aramu Muru Doorway
It’s located 1 hr drive away from Pomata lookout. You’ll see and marvel the low relieve stone carving and strange huge portal facing to east. Entrance fee should be paid in person at the site (PEN 5 per person)
Aramu Muru Portal is a rock that had been smoothed to a flat surface and adorned with a small alcove.
The flat stone is roughly 23-feet square, with a T-shaped alcove some 6 feet, 6 inches tall carved into it. The most likely explanation is that it was an abandoned Incan construction project.
Locals are said to call the doorway the “Puerta de Hayu Marca,” or “Gate of the Gods,” and local legends apparently speak of people disappearing through the doorway as well as of strange sights, such as “tall men accompanied by glowing balls of lights walking through the doorway.”
Chucuito Temple of Fertility
Your last optional stop is at Chucuito, 20 minutes away from Puno. Upon arrival, just pay your entry ticket (PEN 8 per person) and take a look inside the Inca Temple of Fertility ever built before.
Just let us know the name of your hotel or accommodation in Puno city for the drop-off.
What to bring to Isla del Sol
- Trainers / comfortable shoes for those planning on doing the hike (45-60mins walk).
- It can get chilly on the boat so it is recommended to bring a wind jacket or jumper if necessary against wind/spray.
- Warm layers are required at night.
- It can be very sunny so do not forget your sunglasses, a hat and sunscreen.
- Bring enough money with you should you wish to stay overnight as there are no ATMs on the whole island.
- There are lots of choices for accommodation on the island which vary in price and luxury. The majority are basic lodging that the local families have built as extensions to their family homes. The higher you go up in the village of Yumani the better the views, so it is worth the extra leg work.
- Private motor boat from Isla del Sol to Copacabana
- Private car from Copacabana port to Kasani border.
- Private vehicle from Kasani to Puno, Peru.
- Homestay lodge in Isla del Sol
- Entry ticket to Isla del Sol (BOB 10 per person)
- Entry tickets in Peru side, if you decide to stop.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If you have questions and doubts about Isla del Sol to Puno, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options.
Just email us at:
or WhatsApp us:
+51 965154772 (Fredy, the guy responsible of answering your emails and inquiries at headquarter)
How to book
- Pay just US$45 in advance through PayPal to secure your transport
- And the remaining balance (US$200) will be paid upon arrival at Kasani border.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.