US$ 290 or S/. 971 per 1 person (private)
US$ 162 or S/.542 per person (min 2 people)
1 Day Luquina Kayak Adventure + Uros paddle
(Out of the “Gringo trail”+ lunch in Luquina)
We’re departing toward Uros Islands by kayak then navigate by boat to Chucuito peninsula. At Luquina local port get in our kayaks again and paddle to “Arco Punku” Soil Arch (Karina community)
We’ll keep you paddling well off the “Gringo Trail” and meet local Aymara family at Luquina at the lunch time.
Then finally, visit Uros Islands and paddle to Puno to enjoy a scenic sunset over the hills.
Luquina kayak + Uros paddle Features
- Activity level: Moderate
- Paddling Distance: 16 km +
- Tour Route: Puno/Uros/Luquina/Arco Punku/Luquina/Uros/Puno
- Hotel Pick-Up Time: 6:45 am.
- Drop Off By Hotels: 5.00 pm.
- Kayak Frequency: Daily
Where you’ll begin kayaking
Kayak through the reeds from Puno to Uros (Lake Titicaca National Reserve). Navigate by boat to Luquina shoreline where from we’re paddling again towards Arco Punku surrounded with such beautiful places, crystal, clear and pure water (open lake).
Where you’ll have lunch
After we’ve done a round-trip paddling from Luquina to Arco Punku to Luquina Taquile we’ll walk to Albano’s Restaurant or other similar in Luquina.
Guest reviews (on TripAdvisor)
Before you go read what our client has commented about this kayak tour at Luquina and Uros Islands.
- 6:45 am Pick-up and transfer from your hotel to Esteves Island port (15 min)
- 7.00 am Kayak departure to Uros.
- 8:00 am Motor boat departure to Luquina after up loading the kayaks.
- 9.45 am Arrival to Karina community port.
- 10:15 am Beginning of the kayak exploration.
- 10.45 am we’ll get to Arco Punku a beautiful and estrange soil formation.
- 11.30 am we’ll arrive to the same local port at Karina community coastline enjoying the view to Taquile and Amantani islands.
- 11.45 am Arrival by boat (or kayak which is up to you) to Albano's port.
- 12.00 pm Lunch at Albano's house.
- 1.30 pm Time to return by motor boat to Uros islands.
- 3.00 pm we’re going to visit one Reed Island.
- 3:45 pm once we've explored Uros islands we can decide to continue paddling to Puno port (+ 45 min more to Esteves Island) or get back to Puno port by motor boat.
- 4:15 pm Arrival to Puno harbour if we take the motor boat.
- 4:45 pm Arrival by kayaks to Esteves Island, if we return paddling. We'll have unique sunset views opportunities.
- 5.00 pm Pick-up from Esteves island and land transfer to your downtown hotel.
What you’ll do (Tour Description)
Luquina is home of the ancestral Aymara speaking community, lucky people living in this unique nature wonder.
Roberto comes for you at your hotel. The pick-up time suggested is at 6:45 am, you'll have enough time for breakfast.
Esteves Island port is the chosen departure point. It is located only 15 min away from downtown hotels. Here at the port, on your arrival you’ll see that your kayak will be ready to get in.
Paddle to Uros for 1 hour. Enjoy the unique landscape. Learn some Aymara words on the way.
After 50 min kayaking, we get to Uros Islands; its gorgeous beauty is terrific. Keep paddling for some 10 min to the Adventist Island, here our motor boat awaits for us. Another 15 min is needed to upload the kayaks on top of the boat and leave Uros for Luquina.
On the way to peninsula of Chucuito we'll be able to appreciate unique high Plateau landscapes. Once the motor boat has arrived at Luquina coastline, which is at Karina community pier, your guide is setting up the kayak and the kayak equipment.
The private guide is going to provide the safety briefing and kayak paddling lessons when you are a beginner kayaker (remember previous kayak skills are not required).
You’re going to paddle and explore the Chucuito peninsula shores for around 2 hours round-trip while you paddle appreciate Taquile and Amantani Island far away; if you enjoy kayaking then it is worth doing.
When kayak paddling finishes you navigate to Albano’s port by boat and walk up toward his restaurant for a local homemade lunch (mostly based on Quinoa soup and grilled chicken or trout as a main dish).
Vegetarian food can be prepared upon request.
After this local encounter we'll be heading back to Uros Islands to learn how to build them, so we'll enjoy better how this population still keep their ancient way of living on self-fashioned reed homes then we are going to enter again in our kayaks and cross among the reeds to Puno.
Or take the motor boat and back to Puno port just in 25 minutes. After a combined day tour on Lake Titicaca, Luquina kayak, Uros kayak exploring and great memories this service ends in the late afternoon.
You’re transferred to your hotel.
What to bring
- Sun protection
- Long sleeve T-shirt
- Warm Jacket
What’s included (what we provide)
- Private transfer from your Puno hotel to Esteves island port.
- Guided kayak trip to Uros.
- Motor boat transportation o Karina shoreline and Luquina (regular and slow boat).
- High quality single sea kayaks or double tandem kayak with pedal rudders.
- Kayak gear/equipment.
- Entrance fees to Luquina and Uros islands.
- English speaking kayak tour guide.
- Lunch at Albano's homestay house at Luquina.
- Equipped kayaks from Uros to Puno
- Private mobility and land transfer to hotel on arrival to Puno port
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If have questions and doubts about this kayak tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options.
Just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or WhatsApp us to: +51 923206333
What else you should know
Remember that it is a physical activity so be prepared to paddle 16km through the most beautiful spots of the Open Lake Titicaca (Chucuito peninsula) and National Reserve (Puno sector), as well as wearing comfortable clothes that you can wet.
How to book
You can get fully booked it and then get the Confirmation by:
Paying an Initial Amount via PayPal (link will be sent to you later) or make a bank transferand the Total Balance must be paid on your arrival at your hotel in Puno or while running the Tour in cash or using your Visa debit or credit card.
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link or bank transfer number.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.
Similar Edgar Adventures Kayak
1 Day Taquile Kayak crossing from Llachon + Uros paddle
One way paddling Trip from Puno bay to Uros then from Llachon to Taquile Island covering about 15 km in total. Walk up for a lake view lunch included in Taquile
1 Day Luquina Kayak + Uros paddle
Depart toward Uros Islands by kayak then go by boat to Luquina. We’ll keep you paddling well off the “Gringo Trail” and meet local family at the lunch time.
1 Day Amantani Kayak Crossing from Llachon + Uros paddle
Paddle from Puno to Uros then by boat to Llachon and continue on to Amantani Island by kayak. Lunch and then return by boat to Uros for the last paddle to Puno.