Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo
On Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo you’ll onboard Peru Rail or Inca Rail train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes at 6:10 am.
Upon arrival to Aguas Calientes (8 am), have breakfast on your own way, meet up with your personal guide and head up to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu by bus for a 2-hours guided tour of one of the Seven Wonder of the World (from 10 am to 12 pm).
Ride the bus back down to Aguas Calientes for lunch and then after take the train to Ollantaytambo (3:40 pm).
Upon arrival to Ollantaytambo train station take your private vehicle to return to Cusco (arrival time 8 pm)
Machu Picchu Tour from Ollantaytambo requires staying the night in Ollantaytambo so that very early the next day you can take your train to Aguas Calientes.
Tour type: Private guide
Accessibility: Tourists using a wheelchair can visit the citadel of Machu Picchu, please inform us in advance to coordinate
What to bring:
- Original passport — photocopies or screenshots are not accepted
- Sweater or jacket
- Anti-slip shoes
- Rain poncho
- Hat or cap
- Local currency
- A bottle of water
- Camera — selfie sticks are not allowed
- Train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to the ruins of Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Qualified guide
- Bus tickets from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Entrance tickets for Machu Picchu
- Vehicle transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
295 USD per person — referential prices
The starting point in the city of Ollantaytambo: Get to the Ollantaytambo train station on your own
The route below may change because of strikes, weather issues, and festivities.
6:10 am Board your INCA RAIL train at the Ollantaytambo station.
6:40 am Train departure (The Inca Rail team will help you to make the transfer, don’t worry)
8:00 am Your train will arrive in Aguas Calientes.
8:15 am Then you can have breakfast on your own
9:10 am Then you will have to board the bus from Aguas Calientes to the ruins of Machu Picchu on your own.
9:50 am Meet up with your guide at the main entrance gate to the ruins of Machu Picchu (outside).
10:00 am Guided tour of the ruins of Machu Picchu for approx. 2 hours
12:00 pm ed of guided trip at Machu Picchu citadel.
1:00 pm Return on your own by bus from the ruins of Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes Lunch on your own
3:40 pm Board the train on your own.
4:12 pm Your train leaves from the city of Aguas Calientes heading to Ollantaytambo
6:30 pm Transfer from Train to Bus on your own (The Inca Rail team will help you make the transfer, don’t worry)
8:00 pm You will arrive in Cusco around and return to your hotel on your own
- You can cancel the tour up to 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the cost of the tour will apply
- The price of the bus tickets of the Consettur company and entrance tickets to Machu
- Picchu will not be returned because that is the company’s policies that they have
- The rest will be refunded in approximately one week
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If you have questions and doubts about this private Cusco City Tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options to do.
Just email us at:
Or WhatsApp us to:
+51 965154772 (Fredy, the guy responsible of answering your emails and inquiries at headquarter)
How to book
- You can get it fully booked by paying an Initial Amount via PayPal and the Total Balance must be paid in USD or PEN cash at the end of tour, then this is how you’ll get your Tour Confirmation from us.
- After we receive your “Booking Request”, we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link and the exact first amount to be paid.
- Additional information and requirements will be detailed on the email (or via WhatsApp).
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you later.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.