Puno to Copacabana
BUS TICKETS FROM
PUNO TO COPACABANA
Puno to Copacabana by bus takes about 4 hours, depending on how long it takes to cross the border in Kasani. The distance between the Peruvian city of Puno and the Bolivian city of Copacabana is 142 km. Puno’s bus terminal is located on Avenida Primero de Mayo. The buses leave every day between 06:00am and 1:30pm. After clearing migration travelers arrive in Copacabana at the bus stop located on the main square, Plaza Sucre, a few blocks from the port.
Tickets Bolivia offers online tickets for your trip from Puno to Copacabana with the most reliable transportation companies and the added convenience of booking with the safest payment platforms.
TRAVEL OPTIONS FROM PUNO TO COPACABANA
Tickets Bolivia offers several bus travel options to make this journey:
- Direct trip: The majority of buses from Puno to Copacabana are direct. The border crossing takes place at the Kasani migratory office. It takes about 3 to 4 hours from Puno to Copacabana. The bus companies offering this service are: Tour Peru and Trans Titicaca, Huayruro Tours, and Transzela.
- Tourist bus: You can also enjoy this scenic route by making stops along the way with Bolivia Hop. For instance, you can visit the Sun Island in one of Bolivia Hop’s private boat, which is a 4-hour roundtrip journey. There you will see ancestral terracing and ruins.
After finalizing your purchase you will receive a confirmation email with your electronic ticket. If you do not receive them within the hour, contact us through our email: email@example.com
SOME TOURISTIC INFORMATION THAT CAN BE OF INTEREST
Puno and Copacabana are on the shores of Lake Titicaca, the largest lake in South America and highest navigable body of water in the world. It is a sacred place, said to be the birthplace of the Incas. Puno offers tours to Lake Titicaca to see the famous floating islands of the Uros people. On the other side of the lake, on the Bolivian side, Copacabana also offers many tourist attractions such as boat trips to the Sun and Moons islands.
- Cerro El Calvario: It’s a 30 minutes-walk up the hill to panoramic views of the lake. It’s a popular spot to watch the sunset.
- Sun Island: According to Inca legend this small island in the middle of Lake Titicaca was home to the Sun God Inti, and the birthplace of the first Incas. It’s a 2-hour boat ride from Copacabana. It’s a very picturesque place where one can enjoy panoramic views of the lake, sights of Bolivia’s Cordillera Real, and hikes trough ancestral terracing and Pre-Columbian ruins.
- Moon Island: Legend has it that this is where Viracocha (the Inca Creator deity) commanded the rising of the moon. It is a tiny island located near the Sun Island on Lake Titicaca, it is home to the ruins of the Temple of the Virgins. Hiking the entire island takes about an hour.
- Basilica of Our Lady of Copacabana: The Basilica is a popular strop for pilgrims in Easter. It’s a beautiful 16th-century Spanish colonial white church, decorated with Portuguese-style blue tiles and rounded domes. The building houses the image of the Virgen de Copacabana.
- Restaurants: There are many good food options in Copacabana with a multitude of restaurants, cafes, and bars. But the main attraction here is the fresh trout that can be enjoyed in one of the restaurants by the waterfront.
- Accommodation: There are plenty of options to choose from. We’d recommend to stay one night to enjoy the scenic lake views during the sunset.
PUNO TO COPACABANA BUS TIMETABLE
|Transzela||07:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Trans Titicaca||13:30 PM||17:30 PM|
|Trans Titicaca||06:00 AM||10:00 AM|
|Trans Titicaca||07:30 AM||11:30 AM|
|Tour Peru||07:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Huayruro Tours||07:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Huayruro Tours||07:00 AM||11:00 AM|
Similar Bolivia Tours
Death Road Bolivia Tours
From La Paz to Coroico. Drive towards La Cumbre. Then descend and experience the chilly highlands and the humidity of the rain forest through intimidating precipices. Lunch and return to La Paz.
Moon Island Bolivia Tour
Leave La Paz in the morning and drive to Copacabana and Yampupata. Navigate by boat to Moon Island escorted by your English speaking guide. Then after, have lunch with Lake views. Back to La Paz.