US$ 210 or S/. 703 per 1 person (private)
US$ 145 or S/.485 per person (min 2)
1 Day Sillustani Kayak + Classic Funeral Tower Tour
(Off the beaten track kayak + lunch in Hatuncolla)
Early in the morning depart by a van from Puno to Umayo lagoon, near to the Archaeological site of Sillustani. Then paddle to Umayo Island on the way enjoy unique views, at the Island see Vicuña, Andean rabbit, sheep.
Later disembark on Sillustani peninsula where the tombs are built. Get a guided visit of this site and finally be picked up by the private vehicle to the Hatuncolla restaurant (15 min).
After lunch, we’ll be heading back to Puno by the same road. Drop off by hotel.
1 Day Sillustani kayak Features
- Activity level: Moderate
- Paddling Distance: 10 km + round-trip
- Tour Route: Puno/Umayo Lagoon/Umayo Island/Sillustani tombs/Hatuncolla/Puno
- Hotel Pick-Up Time: 8:30 am.
- Drop Off By Hotels: 3.30 pm.
- Kayak Frequency: Daily (upon request)
Where you’ll begin kayaking
We’ll kayak through the gorgeous landscape of Sillustani nearby, located 34 km from Puno city.
A shared or private but tailor-made guided Titicaca kayaking tour on Umayo Lagoon that lets you paddle in the nearby of Sillustani archaeological site.
Where you’ll have lunch
After we’ve reached to Amantani we’ll have lunch at Hatuncolla at Julio’s restaurant.
Guest reviews (on TripAdvisor)
Before you go read what our client has commented about this kayak tour from Llachon to Amantani Island.
We booked 3 tours with Edison and everything went perfectly : Uros/Taquile day tour, half day kayak tour and half day Sillustani tour. I highly recommend.
- 8:30 am pick-up time from your hotel and land transfer to Sillustani.
- 9:15 am arrival time at the kayak point departure, your guide provides basic instructions.
- 9:30 am set up kayaks and go paddling surrounding the Peninsula of Sillustani on the waters of Umayo Lagoon.
- 10:50 we’re approaching Umayo Island and watch Chinchillas, Vicugnas and sheep living around.
- 12:30 pm Return by the same water way and then walk up to where are located the funerary towers.
- Guide explanations about wildlife, history, and funeral towers buildings.
- Free time for pictures on top of the Peninsula of Sillustani where the tombs are.
- 1:00 pm on the way back visit a local farm family and have lunch at Julio's house
- 2:45 pm back to hotel by the same way paved road
What you’ll do
Kayaking around Umayo lagoon takes about 3 hours, with plenty of good Inca lookout ruins from the kayaks.
It is a great way to get/stay physically active and enjoy a very different perspective of the place.
This particular Sillustani kayak adventure begins at 8:30 am, with pick-up from your Puno hotel to Sillustani kayak dock. 45 minutes driving from your downtown Puno hotel to Kayak dock at Sillustani.
You will want to be on the water quickly for having a great time enjoying the natural habitat.
Sillustani’s lagoon is a unique off the beaten path destination for kayaking on its water.
Your passionate and eager guide talks to you about elemental kayak paddling instructions, paddling techniques and more before embarking in the kayaks.
Now, you can begin kayaking around part of Umayo Island, 3 hours kayaking sounds like a lot, but it is really just perfect to visit this one particular place. This exciting kayak adventure drives you through unique landscapes; Inca towers will be seen from this lagoon.
After a time kayaking you step on ground. Your first impression “how the Inca would have built these astonishing Towers?
And more importantly what was built for?”
Your guide leads you and takes his time to explain everything related to Incan Burial Towers. Surrounded by beautiful landscape walking around for getting great pictures will be worth it! Take your time!
Finally, get back to initial point by Kayaks and we'll head to Julio's farm house where we'll taste local homemade lunch.
After this time you'll back to Puno by the same paved road and get transferred to your hotel around 3.45 hrs.
What to bring
- Sun protection
- Long sleeve T-shirt
- Warm Jacket
- Extra snacks
What’s included (what we provide)
- A private land transfer from your Puno hotel to Sillustani.
- High quality single sea kayaks or one double tandem kayak with pedal rudders easy to drive.
- Kayak gear/equipment.
- Entrance fees to Sillustani and Umayu lagoon.
- English speaking kayak tour guide.
- Lunch at Julio's homestay house at Hatuncolla.
- Private mobility and land transfer back to hotel in Puno.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If have questions and doubts about this kayak tour out of the touristy place, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options.
Just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or WhatsApp us to: +51 965154772
What else you should know
Remember that it is a physical activity so be prepared to paddle 10 km + through the most beautiful spots of Sillustani archaeological site as well as wearing comfortable clothes that you can wet.
How to book
You can get fully booked it and then get the Confirmation by:
Paying n Initial Amount via PayPal (link will be sent to you later) or make a bank transferand the Total Balance must be paid on your arrival at your hotel in Puno or while running the Tour in cash or using your Visa debit or credit card.
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link or bank transfer number.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.
Similar Edgar Adventures Kayak
1 Day Taquile Kayak crossing from Llachon + Uros paddle
One way paddling Trip from Puno bay to Uros then from Llachon to Taquile Island covering about 15 km in total. Walk up for a lake view lunch included in Taquile
1 Day Luquina Kayak + Uros paddle
Depart toward Uros Islands by kayak then go by boat to Luquina. We’ll keep you paddling well off the “Gringo Trail” and meet local family at the lunch time.