US$ 325 or S/. 1 088 per 1 person (private)
US$ 197 or S/.659 per person (min 2 people)
1 Day Taquile Kayak crossing from Llachon + Uros paddle
(Out of the tourist trap + lunch in Taquile)
On the way paddle from Puno to Uros then we’ll spend 2 hours paddling from Llachon to Taquile Island, on arrival we'll have lunch on Taquile with astonishing views of Amantani Island and the Cordillera Real over the vastness of the Lake.
In the late afternoon, on the way back to Puno, we may kayak from Uros islands to Puno local kayak dock.
1 Day Taquile kayak cross + Uros paddle Features
- Activity level: Moderate
- Paddling Distance: 15 km +
- Tour Route: Puno/Uros/Llachon/Taquile/Uros/Puno
- Hotel Pick-Up Time: 6:45 am.
- Drop Off By Hotels: 5.35 pm.
- Kayak Frequency: Daily
Where you’ll begin kayaking
Kayak through the reeds from Puno to Uros (Lake Titicaca National Reserve). Navigate by boat to Llachon shoreline where from we’re paddling again towards Taquile Island surrounded with such beautiful places, crystal, clear and pure water (open lake).
Where you’ll have lunch
After we’ve reached to Taquile we’ll walk up to Bella Vista Restaurant or other similar in Taquile Island.
Guest reviews (on TripAdvisor)
Before you go read what our client has commented about this kayak tour from Llachon to Taquile Island.
- 6:45 am Pick-up and transfer from your hotel to Esteves island besides port or main Puno port (15 min )
- 7.00 am Paddle to Uros by kayaks.
- 8.00 am Arrival to Uros and kayaks are lifted to the boat. We’re navigating by motor boat to Llachon.
- 9:45 am Arrival to Jesus local port and beginning of the kayak activity. Your guide sets up the kayaks.
- 10:00 am We'll paddle toward the Island of Taquile.
11.50 am We'll get to Alsuno port at Taquile Island, keep the kayaks and walk up to Restaurant (Bella Vista or similar).
- 12.30 pm Have lunch at Jun’s or Wilson's restaurant (after 15 min hiking).
- 1:45 pm Time to return by motor boat from Taquile to Uros Islands.
- 3:45 pm we’ll be back again in Uros, but this time we’re visiting one floating Island.
- 4.20 pm after Uros kayak explore we continue paddling to Puno port, which is 45 min more to Esteves Island (or get back to Puno port by motor boat)
- 4:50 pm Arrival to Puno harbor/Local port if we take the motor boat.
- 5:30 pm Arrival by kayaks to Esteves island, if we return by paddling, we'll have unique sunset view opportunities over Puno city.
- 5.35 pm Pick-up from Esteves island and land transfer to your downtown hotel.
What you’ll do
At Andean Ways, you won't feel rushed on your own solo private or small group kayak tour (ask for departures confirmed).
We want you to visit and enjoy all off the beaten track places with plenty of time on this Titicaca long distance kayak trip.
Transfer to Estevez Island besides launch point
Our driver comes for you at your hotel. The pick-up time suggested is at 6.45 am, so we hope you'll have enough time for breakfast.
There is 15 minutes driving to Esteves island port from your hotel (hotels in downtown).
Here at the port our kayaks will be ready to get in.
But if your hotel is a homestay at Uros Islands (Aruma Uro lodge, Uros Titicaca Lodge, Uros Khantaty, Summa Paqarina Lodge, Uros Inti Experience, Qhantany Lodge, Aruntawi Lodge, Amelia Titicaca Lodge etc) no worries, we'll come for you, pick-up time is going to be at 8:00 am.
Arrival to Uros by kayaks
We’re kayaking to Uros for almost 1 hour from Puno shore. On the water way beautiful landscape is appreciated and contemplated. We’re heading to the Adventist Island, lift the kayaks and leave to Llachon.
Departure to Llachon by boat
We'll depart by motor boat towards Llachon which takes 2 hours navigating.
On the way to peninsula of Capachica we'll be able to appreciate unique high Plateau landscapes. In front of us is Taquile Island the third largest Islands on Lake Titicaca.
Boat arrival to Llachon
Once the motor boat has arrived at Llachon coastline, from this point we can already see further the Island of Taquile and Chucuito peninsula. We'll be arriving to Jesus' local port.
You then set up for Llachon Titicaca Kayaking to Taquile.
The private guide is going to provide the safety briefing and kayak paddling lessons, if you didn't kayaked before.
Kayak Llachon to Taquile
You kayak for around 2 hours from Llachon to Taquile while you're paddling enjoy local farming, fishing scenes along the side and we'll appreciate Amantani Island far away; if you love kayaking then it is worth doing.
Lunch in Taquile
When kayak paddling finishes you walk up toward Juan’s or Wilson's restaurant for local homemade lunch.
The duration of the walking is 15 min.
The set menu is based on Quinoa soup, grilled Trout and Coca leaves or Andean mint tea. Vegetarian food can be prepared upon request.
Direct boat navigation from Taquile to Uros Islands
After this local encounter we'll be heading back to Uros Islands on the way back to Puno city.
This afertoon with plenty of time we’ll visit inside the reed house. On this visit you’ll be explained about the building of the islands.
Then after, it’s up to you to enter again in our kayaks and back to Puno by paddling.
Although, in the afternoon, it seems less crowded, so we'll enjoy better how this population still keep their ancient way of living on self-fashioned reed homes.
If you paddle again from Uros to Puno
We can keep paddling and enjoying breathtaking sunset views from our kayaks when approaching Puno ciy.
Or take the motor boat to back to Puno in just 25 minutes.
After a combined day tour on Lake Titicaca, Llachon kayak, Uros kayak exploring and great memories this service ends in the late afternoon.
You’re transferred to your hotel.
What to bring
- Sun protection
- Long sleeve T-shirt
- Warm Jacket
- Extra snacks
What’s included (what we provide)
- Private transfer from your Puno hotel to Esteves island port.
- Guided kayak trip to Uros.
- Motor boat transportation o Llachon and Taquile (regular and slow boat).
- High quality single sea kayaks or double tandem kayak with pedal rudders.
- Kayak gear/equipment.
- Entrance fees to Taquile and Uros islands.
- English speaking kayak tour guide.
- Lunch in Taquile.
- Equiped kayak from Uros to Puno
- Private mobility and land transfer to hotel on arrival to Puno port
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If have questions and doubts about this kayak tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options.
Just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or WhatsApp us to: +51 923206333
What else you should know
Remember that it is a physical activity so be prepared to paddle 15km through the most beautiful spots of the Open Lake Titicaca and National Reserve (Puno sector), as well as wearing comfortable clothes that you can wet.
How to book
You can get fully booked it and then get the Confirmation by:
Paying an Initial Amount via PayPal (link will be sent to you later) or make a bank transferand the Total Balance must be paid on your arrival at your hotel in Puno or while running the Tour in cash or using your Visa debit or credit card.
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link or bank transfer number.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.
Similar Edgar Adventures Kayak
1 Day Amantani Kayak Crossing from Llachon + Uros paddle
Paddle from Puno to Uros then by boat to Llachon and continue on to Amantani Island by kayak. Lunch and then return by boat to Uros for the last paddle to Puno.
1 Day Sillustani Kayak + Classic Tour
2 hours paddling Trip over Umayo Lagoon then explore the surroundings on a guided Tour of the Incan burial towers. Finally, have lunch at Hatuncolla