2 Hours – Uros Morning Kayak Trip
Price: US$ 30 per person
As If you just have some hours to visit Lake Titicaca, but don’t know what to do upon arrival by bus or by train from Cusco or Arequipa early in the morning, these 3 hours of kayak adventure to Uros could be just perfect for a quick visit of the reed islands.
Daily Uros morning kayak departures are arranged with transfer from the bus station or hotels at 7 am, we’ll even leave to Uros Islands with one solo kayaker, there is no need to get more participants.
Uros Morning Kayak Trip Features
Tour Duration: 3 hours approx. (hotel/uros/hotel)
Activity level: Moderate
Distance Paddling: 8 km round-trip.
Hotel Pick-Up Time: 7:00 am.
Drop Off By Hotels: 10.00 am.
Kayak Frequency: Daily
Season: Available Year Round
Where you’ll kayak
Although is a short time kayaking on Lake Titicaca National Reserve you definitely won’t miss the local scenery of the flora and fauna on the way to Uros Islands.
What you’ll do
Your 3 hours of Lake Titicaca National Reserve Kayak Trip from Puno city will have us kayaking on calm water at our own pace, enjoying from the kayaks the beauty of the area on our arrival; visit a reed home floating island to encounter with the Uros islands builders.
Kayaktour Floating Islands
Did a kayaktour to the uros floating Islands. Had a great Day with Edison. Perfect organization and lots of information! Thanks
Kayaking to Uros Islands
I had a wonderful time with Edison on the kayaking trip to the Uros Islands. It was beautiful and there was a lot of wildlife to se. Edison was very informative and professional, and he explained the history of the Lake Titicaca region as well as how the islands are built. The hotel in the Uros Islands was very comfortable and the food was good. I had a great time!
- 7:00 am transfer from your hotel to kayak dock.
- 7.15 am arrival to the launching point and meet your guide.
- 7:25 am you start paddling to Uros Islands.
- 8:15 am arrival time to Aruma Uro Lodge or any other island where guide provides information about Uros life, history, and island buildings.
- 8:40 am you’ll have free time for exploring the island or riding reed boat (optional).
- 9:00 am Time to go back to Puno to the same kayak dock used in the morning.
- 10:00 pm arrival time to the local port and return to hotels by a van.
Your route & detailed tour description
Hotel/bus station/train station pick-up
In order to gain time our driver Roberto/Isidro is the person who will take you from your hotel to the launching point. It usually takes 15 min including traffic jam. You don’t have to come by your own way (included in the price).
After seeing the scenery of Puno bay your kayak guide greets you and shows you the kayak you’ve selected (important: before you get the confirmation email you have the option to select between a single kayak or a double seater kayak).
Kayak to Uros islands, and then navigate to Taquile for homestay by speed boat. Next day paddle from Uros to Puno.
Previous kayak experience is not mandatory or required but if you have already kayaked it’s just perfect to have more time to enjoy the landscape. Get in your kayak and paddle to Uros islands.
On the way to Uros
You’ll paddle on calm and tranquil water, some local people navigate by their engine boats on the same water way.
The landscape is overall surrounded by reeds the material Uros population gets for making their floating homes.
Arrival to Uros
The best choice to appreciate the gorgeous view of the combination of water and reed islands is visiting by kayaks.
One of these families will give us a warm welcoming to their reed house. We’ll learn how long takes to finish it, why do they live and more.
Exploring the Island
So after the explanation you have some extra time to encounter with the Islanders or just rest overlooking the landscape.
Then we’ll return by kayaks to the same departure point. Get the last views of the place by paddling slow without hurries.
Upon arrival the driver will transfer you to your hotel.
What should I bring kayaking?
- Sun protection
- Long sleeve T-shirt
What’s included (what we provide)
- Transfer from your Puno hotel to kayak dock.
- Kayak equipment/gear.
- Entrance fees to Uros islands.
- English-Spanish speaking group guide.
- Drop off by hotel on return.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
Take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options to do.
Just email us at:
Or WhatsApp us to:
+51 965154772 (Fredy, the guy responsible of answering your emails and inquiries at headquarter)
How to book
- You can get it fully booked by paying an Initial Amount via PayPal and the Total Balance must be paid in USD or PEN cash at the end of tour, then this is how you’ll get your Tour Confirmation from us.
- After we receive your “Booking Request”, we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link and the exact first amount to be paid.
- Additional information and requirements will be detailed on the email (or via WhatsApp).
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you later.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.