US$ 40.00 per person
Uros Islands Kayak Adventure (Half-Day Group Tour)
A classic and affordable group guided kayak Trip to Uros reed Islands. Join us on a shared daily Uros kayaking trip; paddling to Uros Islands is ensured even if there's no confirmed date departure.
As we only run quality small group Uros kayaking Tours. The maximum number of participants is about 7 people (during the high season from May to October) but mostly delivered as a personal and private tour.
Uros Kayak Tour Features
- Tour Duration: 4 hours approx. (since it begins until you’re transferred to hotel)
- Activity level: Moderate
- Distance Paddling: 8 km round-trip.
- Hotel Pick-Up Time: 9:00 am.
- Drop Off By Hotels: 12:30 pm.
- Kayak Frequency: Daily
Where you’ll be
We will kayak throughout the heart of the Puno sector Lake Titicaca National Reserve. It is the habit of endemic and migrant birds and the perfect location for the reed manmade floating islands at Wily River. Our Uros kayak adventure will begin and end near to Libertador hotel pier 15 min away from downtown Puno by car. Transfer included.
What you’ll do
Our 4 hours in Lake Titicaca National Reserve Puno sector will have us kayaking on calm water at our own pace, enjoying from the kayaks the beauty of the area on our arrival; visit a reed home floating island to encounter with the Uros islands builders.
Schedule of departure and arrival times
- 9:00 am pick-up time from your downtown hotel in Puno and quick transfer to kayak dock.
- 9.15 am arrival to the kayak point departure where your guide provides basic paddling instructions, if you don’t have previous experience.
- 9:25 am departing time toward Uros islands through beautiful landscapes. The average time paddling to Uros is 1h through unique magic places.
- 10:25 am arrival time to Uros Aruma Uro Lodge or any other island where guide provides information about Uros life, history, and island buildings.
- 11:30 am you’ll have free time for exploring the island or riding reed boat (optional).
- 11:50 am Time to go back to Puno to the same kayak dock used in the morning.
- 12:50 pm arrival time to the local port and return to hotels by van.
Your route & detailed tour description
Hotel pick-up by our driver
Your Uros Island kayaking Tour starts at 9:00 am, after an early hotel breakfast, with pick-up from your Puno hotel to kayak dock. Roberto or Isidro will do the transfer between your hotel and local kayak dock.
After a quick drive you’ll wear personal floatation device, enter in your Kayak and start stirring on Puno’s bay Lake Titicaca, if it is your first time your English speaking guide will get you prepared for the 4 hours ahead and fitted into your kayaks.
Get elemental kayak paddling instructions, paddling techniques and more.
Now, you can begin paddling at your own rhythm without any pressure.
This Titicaca kayak adventure drives you through unique Uros landscapes, a place where high plateau sky and lake is one, blue water ways, green carpeted reeds (mostly in rainy seasons) and native birds living around in their natural habitat all this will amaze you.
After 1 hour paddling we’ll step on Uros Aruma Uro or another similar Island located in the Northern Uros, one of the almost 100 Uros reed floating islands on Lake Titicaca.
Your first impression will be how these magnificent islands would have been built? But, there is no need to imagine!
Just let your guide explain you about their origin, history, how long it lasts, way of life and more importantly how the islands are built.
Free time to explore the island and surroundings by reed boat (optional, extra payment of $ 5.00 USD or S/. 15.00 soles per person)
Finally, after almost two hours on Aruma Uro Lodge get back to same local port by kayaks. Get transferred to your hotels around 12.50 hrs.
What should I bring kayaking?
- Sun protection
- Long sleeve T-shirt
What’s included (what we provide)
- Transfer from your Puno hotel to Kayak dock.
- Kayak equipment/gear.
- Entrance fees to Uros islands.
- English-Spanish speaking group guide.
- Drop off by hotel on return.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If have questions and doubts about this kayak tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options.
Just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or WhatsApp us to: +51 923206333
How do I book this Uros kayak tour?
You can get fully booked it and then get the Confirmation by:
Paying an Initial Amount via PayPal (link will be sent to you later) or make a bank transfer and the Total Balance must be paid on your arrival at your hotel in Puno or when Tour ends, in cash.
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link or bank transfer number.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you. Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.