US$ 169 or S/.566 per person
2 Day: Uros Kayak + Taquile Island Homestay by Speed Boat Tour
While other tour operators offer just one way kayaking to Uros and overnight in Amantani Island, here at Andean Ways you'll get a round-trip paddling from Puno to Uros and the next day you return by kayak from Uros to Puno after an overnight in Taquile Island.
At Uros reed islands join the speed boat group tour coming from Puno city and meet the group boat guide. As a group motor boat tour you may get included our friendly private guide or same kayak guide for Taquile Island homestay and activities.
Uros Kayak + Taquile Homestay Features
- Tour Duration: 2 days (3 hours by kayak)
- Activity level: Easy/Moderate
- Distance Paddling: 8 km round-trip (Puno/Uros/Puno)
- Hotel Pick-Up Time: 7:00 am (first day)
- Drop Off by Hotels: 4.30 pm (second day)
- Kayak Frequency: Daily
- Season: Available all year
Where you’ll kayak and spend the night
You’ll start paddling from besides of Libertador hotel through marshes of Totora reeds toward the Uros Islands. Uros floating area is located within Lake Titicaca National Reserve (Puno Sector) 4 km from Puno shore and 45-55 min by kayak, but Taquile is in the open lake, 34 km from Puno city, and some 3 hours by regular boat from Uros but by fast boat is only 1h20min.
At Taquile we spend the night at “Posada del Sol” Alberto’s homestay. For a nice and memorable experience rooms have private bathroom.
You’ll meet Alberto’s wife and son, eat food prepared by them, learn the local living, traditions and be part of the welcome party in the night.
The next day after lunch we’re taking again the fast boat and navigate to Uros for a final paddle from there to Puno.
Guest review (on TripAdvisor)
Before you go read what our client has commented about this kayak tour on Lake Titicaca then be part of this amazing and unique local living experience for Taquile Island and kayaking.
- 7:00 am driver picks you up from your hotel in Puno city.
- 7:15 am Arrival to launch point where your guide is with the kayaks.
- 7:30 am Kayaking toward Uros islands through bed reeds.
- 8:30 am On the way your guide explains about Uros life, history, etc.
- 9:00 am Local boat transfer from Aruma Uro Lodge Island to join Taquile Speed boat.
- 9:15 am The speed boat leaves for Taquile.
- 11:00 am Arrival time to Huayllano port in Taquile Island and 5 min hiking up to their house for lunch.
- 12:00 pm Lunch time at La Posada del Sol.
- 2:30 pm hiking to Mulsina Temple (Taquile’s highest point)
- 6:00 pm Arrival to house and dinner.
- 7:00 pm explanation about their art textile and overnight.
- 7:30 am Breakfast and free morning to explore the Southern sandy beach.
- 12:00 pm Lunch with the group boat tour people at another restaurant.
- 1:30 pm later you go down and take the boat to return to Puno.
- 2:50 pm arrival to Uros islands, then transfer by a small boat to where the kayaks where left.
- 3:15 pm departure by kayaks from Uros to Puno shore by the same way.
- 4:15 pm arrival to kayak dock besides Libertador hotel and finally be transferred to your hotel (transport can be private or a shared one).
What you’ll do (detailed program)
Day 1: go to Uros Island by kayaks and then navigate to Taquile by speed motor boat.
Kayaking to Uros islands
It starts at 7:00 am with the pick-up from your Puno hotel toward the local kayak dock, which is located 15 min driving outside of downtown (only the driver will come for you at your hotel).
If you are a non-experienced kayaker, you’re going to begin with the kayak lessons and learn elemental things to know about kayaking.
You then get in a Perception or Prijon kayak and paddle toward Uros man-made floating Islands of Uros people.
This Taquile kayak adventure drives you through unique Uros landscapes.
After a non-rushed kayak paddling to Uros, we finally arrive on Uros Aruma Island, large and perfect for disembark.
Your guide delivers information about the origin of the Uros people, how these ancient inhabitants live today and also about the island buildings.
Fast Boat navigation to Taquile Island
When it is 9:00 am you are transferred to join Taquile speed boat boat tour by a small engine boat. It usually takes less than 15 minutes.
For some extra minutes we’ll visit the “capital Uros Island”, well actually, it is just a commercial place, but it is a great chance to get a stamp of the Lake for your passport for 1 or 2 soles or buy something to eat.
1-hour 20 min boat ride takes us to Taquile Huayllano port passing through spectacular Titicaca scenery.
At Taquile port, the group will keep walking up but in our case we’ll stop at Posada del Sol homestay just 5-10 min from arrival port.
Lunch is provided by the family and dish is mainly based on Quinoa soup and grilled trout accompanied with rice and salad as the main course plus Andean mint or Coca tea. If you’re vegetarian vegetable omelet is available.
Note: at middle day the place could be crowded there would be other people apart of us because the family also provides lunch to visitors/tourists. But after 2 pm the place is empty.
In the afternoon, at 2:30 pm after a well-deserved rest, if you are in a good physical condition we have to trek to Mulsina Temple, located on the highest point of the Island, 1 hour on foot we’re passing through its small plaza and see the beauty of the snow caped mountains across the lake.
Here contemplate the beautiful sunset, of course if it does not rain. Wonder how huge is Lake Titicaca. Nature and landscape is incredibly amazing.
At 6pm you’re back again at your home for dinner and then get a brief explanation about their history and traditional textiles.
Overnight at Taquile Island is with basic facilities but with a private bathroom. There is no electricity; you’ll need to bring your cellphone battery fully charged. Bring extra jacket for the cold or “freezing” night.
Day 2: we’ll say goodbye to our family host, leave Taquile and head back to Uros and then final paddle back to Puno.
Next day, after an early breakfast we still have time to explore the beauty of the Island, so we’re visiting the small sandy beach in the Southern Taquile. Or we can be participants in their daily basis as cultivation, harvesting, etc.
Meeting the group Tour and Lunch Time
At 12.00 pm we’ll have lunch in another restaurant together with the people from the speed boat. Set menu is basically the same based on Quinoa soup, grilled Trout with white rice, fried potatoes and salad or egg-vegetable omelet instead Trout and have Coca or Muña teas for drinks.
The boat is waiting in a different location than the previous day. We’ll go down a similar stone paved path to the port.
You’ll enjoy the last panoramic views of the open or grater lake.
The boat returns directly to Puno port throughout Uros islands where we’ll disembark and take a local boat to get the kayaks.
Kayaking from Uros to Puno
Approximately at 3:15 pm we’re paddling again from Aruma Uro Lodge to Puno shore through the same water path. For this last paddle our driver is ready to pick you up and take you back to your selected hotel in Puno city.
Direct fast boat navigation from Taquile to Puno
If taking the direct navigation from Taquile to Puno’s main port by the group boat the estimated arrival time is at 3:30 pm then be transferred and dropped off by your hotel.
What to bring
- Sun protection
- Long sleeve T-shirt
- Fruits or snacks for middle morning.
- Chocolate bar.
- Warm jacket, here weather changes constantly.
- Optional to bring sleeping bag.
- Fully charged cellphone batteries.
- Warm jacket for the night.
- Towels and teeth brush.
What’s included (what we provide)
- Private transfer from your Puno hotel to kayak dock.
- Double or single sit-inside kayaks (Perception/Prijon)
- Jacket life, spray skirt, paddles, and hats.
- Private guide for kayak tour.
- Small motor boat transfer from Uros Aruma Uro to Taquile group boat.
- Hot drinks on the Aruma Uro Lodge Island.
- Shared speed boat transportation to Taquile Island (round-trip).
- English-Spanish speaking group speed boat guide.
- All entrance fees to Uros and Taquile Islands.
- Lunch, dinner, breakfast (Next Day) and accommodation in Posada del Sol.
- Lunch in Taquile Island (2° day)
- Final paddle from Uros to Puno (by kayaks)
- Drop off by hotels upon arrival from the islands.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If have questions and doubts about this kayak tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options.
Just email us at: email@example.com
Or WhatsApp us to: +51 923206333
What else you should know
Remember that it is a physical activity so be prepared to paddle through the most beautiful spots of the Lake Titicaca National Reserve (Puno sector), as well as wearing comfortable clothes that you can wet.
We’ll spend the night in a remote Island where facilities are basic; far away we’re used to live.
How to book
You can get fully booked it and then get the Confirmation by:
Paying an Initial Amount via PayPal (link will be sent to you later) or make a bank transferand the Total Balance must be paid on your arrival at your hotel in Puno or while running the Tour in cash or using your Visa debit or credit card.
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link or bank transfer number.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.
Similar Titicaca Kayak Tours
Juliaca Airport Private Transfer + Uros Afternoon Kayak
After your domestic LATAM Airlines flight lands in Juliaca airport at 12:10 pm, we’ll pick you up and drive you to Puno launch point to explore Uros by kayaks.