2-Day La Paz to Puno, Uros Homestay & Taquile Island Tour
US$ 355 for a solo traveler (private)
US$ 185 per person (2 up to 4)
Private car drive from La Paz, Bolivia to Puno, Peru through Desaguadero border, on arrival to Puno, Kalapajra pier boat transfer to Uros floating lodge and local activities in the afternoon.
The next day, in the morning after breakfast, join Taquile Speed Boat Tour which will end in Puno with transfer to your selected hotel.
La Paz, Bolivia to Uros Floating Island Lodge Puno, Peru
Abel or Juan Carlos, our Bolivian team mate drivers, is going to pick you up from your hotel in La Paz and take you to Desaguadero border. As a private service pick-up time is flexible and adjustable (you can choose).
However we would highly recommend you to depart between 8 am and 11 am (Bolivian time). You have to know that La Paz to Puno ride usually takes 5 hours and 15 minutes. So, you would have plenty of time to do local activities upon arrival to Uros floating home.
La Paz to Puno private drive with guided tour and lunch included at the archaeological site of Tiwanaku. Get to know the very best of the Ancestors of the Incas. After visit, get transferred to Puno via Desaguadero border hand held cross.
Upon arrival to Desaguadero border, you’ll be introduced to your new Peruvian driver who transfers you to Puno city in about 2h 20 minutes on a direct ride (photo stops available).
Driver will drop you off at Kalapajra pier, after you were introduced to your Uros family host then you get to Uros floating Island lodge by a small wooden motor boat.
A member of Uros family homestay will take you to their reed home where later you will take part of local activities like cutting reeds and setting fishing nets in the Lake from a reed boat.
Dinner is provided by the Uros family lodge.
Uros to Taquile by Fast Boat
The next day, after breakfast you’re going to onboard the Taquile Speed Boat Tour.
9:30 am Fast boat departs towards “the men knitting Island”, a group guide delivers some clue information about its arte textile, tradition, natural shampoo usage and more.
Taquile is a natural steep Island ideal for hiking, enjoying great views to Lake and surroundings. You’ll have a well-deserved lunch and then return to Puno city.
At about 3:30 pm after visiting Taquile Island you’re arriving to the main Puno’s port and picked up by our driver and transferred to your hotel.
What we provide (what is included)
- La Paz to Desaguadero private transfer.
- Desaguadero to Puno private transfer.
- Water transfer to Uros floating lodgee.
- Entrance fee to Uros Islands.
- Local activities and reed boat ridee.
- Dinner, breakfast, and bed provided by the Uros Island Lodge.
- English speaking group guide for Taquile.
- Shared speed boat to Taquile
- Entrance fees to Taquile
- Lunch in Taquile Island.
- Drop off by your hotel upon arrival from Taquile
What you should bring
- Extra cash.
- Warm Jacket.
Request Further Information. Get more. Do more.
If you have questions and doubts about 2-Day La Paz to Puno, Uros Homestay & Taquile Speed Boat Tour, take your time in telling us your inquiries and we’ll show you a lot more options to do (or re-design the entire itinerary).
Just email us at:
Or WhatsApp us to:
+51 965154772 (Fredy, the guy responsible of answering your emails and inquiries at headquarter)
How to book
- You can get it fully booked by paying an Initial Amount via PayPal and the Total Balance must be paid in USD or PEN cash at the end of tour, then this is how you’ll get your Tour Confirmation from us.
- After we receive your “Booking Request”, we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link and the exact first amount to be paid.
- Additional information and requirements will be detailed on the email (or via WhatsApp).
After we receive your email we'll back to you as soon as possible with the PayPal link.
The exact amount and additional requirements will be sent to you later.
Now please, start by filling the Booking Form below.